Terms & Conditions
- New Arrivals can check into the hostel after 2:00 PM each day.
- Valid identification is a requirement. We accept a Passport, Photo ID and / or Driver's License. Management may request additional information as required from guests.
- Payment is to be made in advance for the entire length of the stay. No exceptions.
- Departing guests must remove all of their belongings from their rooms and check out by 10.30 AM. Exceptions can be made by arrangement with the hostel management.
- Keys, cutlery baskets and any rented goods must be returned upon check-out.
- Please be considerate towards other guests, especially when you are using electronic media. The quiet time for sleeping is from 10 PM. to 7 AM. Out of courtesy to fellow guests, please be very quiet during this time.
- As a consideration towards other guests staying at the hotel, visitors are strictly forbidden under any circumstances unless with prior permission with management.
SMOKING / ALCOHOL / DRUGS / WEAPONS
- Smoking is not permitted inside of the rooms or common areas. Any guest found smoking inside will be asked to leave the premises immediately and will not receive a refund. You are welcome to smoke outside. Cigarette butts are to be disposed of responsibly in the provided rubbish bins.
- Consuming excessive amounts of alcohol within the premises is strictly prohibited.
- It is prohibited to bring weapons of any kind into the premises.
- Illicit drugs of any kind will not be allowed or tolerated in the hostel.
- Violations of the above rules will result in immediate termination of residency and a call to the proper authorities.
- Food may only be prepared and eaten in the designated areas.
- Due to fire protection requirements, insurance standards and health regulations, the use of electrical appliances for the preparation of food or hot beverages in your room is not permitted.
- Guests are expected to clear away immediately after meals; clean dishes / utensils / pans etc. and put them away. Guests are also responsible for the cleaning of any surfaces and/or appliances used for the preparation of your meals.
- For security reasons, under no circumstances is the kitchen door to be left open.
- Each guest is responsible for all the inventory entrusted to her/him. It is not permitted to exchange furniture between rooms or remove it from rooms. It is prohibited to damage walls or furniture with hooks, screws, nails, glue/adhesives and the like. The management reserves the right to occasionally inspect the rooms with regard to cleanliness and tidiness.
- To avoid misunderstandings guests are advised to lock the doors of their rooms at all times.
- All heaters, lights and electrical appliances must be switched off when not in use.
- Damp clothing and towels are NOT to be hung inside the rooms. Ample drying facilities are available outside and a tumble dryer is available for use when it is raining.
- Electricians, contractors or any other service person may enter rooms accompanied by hostel management as and when necessary, every effort will be made to respect the privacy of guests.
- All bedding is provided. It is absolutely prohibited to use sleeping bags.
- Please dispose of feminine hygiene products in the provided bins, NOT in the toilets.
- Do not keep your belongings in the bathrooms.
- Please use the provided bath mats when showering and hang up to dry after use.
- No pets or are allowed on the premises.
- Due using a shared Internet access Travellers Lodge requests a “fair use” of bandwidth and download amount of each individual. Non-observance of this agreement leads to a “traffic embargo” or a complete block for the user.
- If you decide to access any Internet content, you do this entirely at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any accessed material does not infringe the laws governing, but not exhaustively covering, copyright, trademarks, pornography, or any other material which is slanderous, defamatory or might cause offense in any other way. Travellers Lodge records ALL network traffic data and will provide it to proper authority if asked.
- Phone is for the use of guests only.
- Common areas are available to all residents. Do not leave or store anything there. Remove personal material from the communal rooms as you leave.
- Guests cannot use the hostel for any commercial purposes.
- Travellers Lodge is not responsible for any bodily harm, theft, loss or damage to any personal effects.
- Guests who have been evicted will not receive a refund.
- Guests will be expected to reimburse the hostel for any damages caused by inappropriate behavior. Inappropriate behavior will result in eviction from the premises with no refund.
- Property left at the hostel will be donated to a charity or disposed of if not collected 15 days after check out.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person violating the hostel rules. The management will give reasons verbally for such action to any visitor refused entry.
- We do not allow children under the age of 18.
REVISION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
Travellers Lodge reserves the right to revise the rules and regulations from time to time and will keep the guests informed of any changes in the form of notices on the hostel boards. Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.